Given June 26, 2015
There are times in our lives when things are not going well and we can’t see how we’ll ever get through it. The situation seems hopeless. I know there are some of you who are in a situation like this right now. Today let’s look at five things to remember at times like these.
1. God is with you. “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;” (Psalm 23:4). “And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:20). You are not alone, God is there, talk to Him.
2. God cares about you. “The Lord’s love never ends; his mercies never stop. They are new every morning; Lord, your loyalty is great. I say to myself, “The Lord is mine, so I hope in him.” (Lamentations 3:22-24). “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:7). If you feel like no one cares about you, God does! Talk to Him.
3. God knows your situation. ”Doesn’t he see everything I do and every step I take?” (Job 31:4). “Every hair on your head has been counted” (Luke 12:7). Also, that “great cloud of witnesses” from Hebrews 12:1, who made it through some terrible things, is cheering you on. Ask God what you should do.
4. God has power that you don’t have. “Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, “So shall your offspring be.“. (Romans 4:18). Jesus said, “All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.” (Matthew 28:18). Abraham was 100 years old and God told him he was going to have many offspring? Was that hopeless? Turn your situation over to God and let Him handle it.
5. God has promised to help you. “I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10). “My soul faints with longing for your salvation, but I have put my hope in your word.” (Psalm 119:81). Seek out God’s promise for your situation and trust Him. “It is impossible for God to lie.” (Hebrews 6:18).
There is hope in your situation, let God handle it.