Given February 4, 2011
We get our information and training in the things we do from many different sources. To be effective in what we do, we need to study, learn, practice, and perform in the areas we are called to operate in. Consider these things…
What if a soldier on the battlefield had to get out his training manual to see what to do in a situation? What if an emergency arises while driving and the driver has to get out their driver’s education textbook to see how to react? What if an athlete is about to run a play but has to look at the play diagram to see where he’s supposed to go and what he’s supposed to do? What if a person is confused in the dark and doesn’t know which way to turn and there’s no light to look up the answer in the Bible? What if a Christian has an important decision to make and needs to act quickly? While he researches the scriptures for an answer, the opportunity passes and is missed. What if a temptation presents itself and the Christian has to call the pastor to rebuke that spirit or pray for strength? What if someone asks you about Jesus and wants to get saved and you have to say, “Wait, let me see if my pastor can see you.” What if….?
• Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. (Psalm 119:105).
• I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. (Psalm 119:11).
• Study to show yourself approved to God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2:15).
• Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; (Psalm 23:4).
• “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” (John 8:12).
God’s Word is the light in the darkness, the answer when we need it, the wisdom when we are unsure, the power and authority when we are confronted, the answer to a lost any dying world. – Read it, memorize it, get it into your spirit, and do what it says. We can’t depend on others or having to get out the physical Book to search for the answer. But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. (James 1:22). What if we all knew God’s Word well enough to act according to it in every situation? What if…….?